Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 46 25-09-2005 , 01:56 AM
Subscriber
Here is a first pass at the pose. I havent rigged mommy yet, but what do you think of the overall placement?

Attached Thumbnails

What I lack in skill I make up for with enthusiasm.
# 47 26-09-2005 , 08:18 AM
You might want to mess around with the textures some more.
I've realised you really have to go crazy and accentuate the highlights/lowlights around areas to bring out the model. I think its great fun but not everyone would like doing that.
For example, add some highlights to the jacket front (edges of the cloth etc) to make it stand out and add highlights to the eyebrows, joint muscles and the such and your model will really start standing out user added image

The composition looks quite good. It all depends on if you want to sell your mother character over the other elements in the picture or not.

Keep it up though, you're doing really well user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 48 19-10-2005 , 02:20 AM
Subscriber

well...

I havent worked on this for weeks because i got a crazy schedule. I work 16 hours a week(dropped to part-time) and i have 18 units of classes now. Im pretty much booked up. I might do some stuff with maya at christmas break, but theres no way ill have enough time to finish this challenge to the best of my ability. Ill still follow the forums a bit when i can, though. Besides, there are tons of entries way better than this guy. Ill probly take a Maya course next quarter. Best of luck to all participants.

What I lack in skill I make up for with enthusiasm.