Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 26-04-2007 , 12:49 PM
Subscriber

Light Issue

Hello All!

I modelled the light below and I tried a Test Render to see how it looks. The Burner is only with Glow at 1 and a color!

But the burner appears through the blade! And The light shines not forward it is on the Back of the light visible.
Thats not the use of them! lol What must I do to fix it out!
On the topic "LIGHT" I´m very unexersiced!

Cool if you can help me...

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 27-04-2007 , 12:43 AM
Im not entirely sure what you mean, but if I get what your saying the glow goes overthe top of an object, this is because it's added post render, your best of compositing the glow to get it how you want, not getting it striaght from maya

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 27-04-2007 , 02:01 AM
Senior Software Developer
Steve is right, avoid glow as an option in Maya and do it post. I would also suggest putting a spotlight dead center and attaching fog to it to give you a better effect. there is a tute on gnomon online's web site that explains this very well and is really easy to follow:
https://legacy.gnomononline.com/writt...tutorial_id=28
This does cover underwater, but the process is the same.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 28-04-2007 , 06:35 AM
Subscriber
Thank you for your comments!
The Light fog is very interesting and really useful.
But its a problem for me to adjust the fog to fit the size of the light cone.
You can scale the cone like in the tut, but not when the light is in different angels.
The compositing is an alternativ, but a new program to learn.

The more you learn, the more you now that it is to much there is to learn! Thanks!!!

Attached Thumbnails