Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 21-01-2008 , 04:36 PM
yes you could do it by using surface fillets. but beware, they are a little bit tricky. make sure you have the 2nd pipe intersecting the first one completely. because in one of your pictures i saw that both pipes had the same scale and the open end of intersecting pipe wasn´t completely inside the other.

damnit! this becomes really weird right now.. I show you what i mean.

see pic

if you want the circular fillet go all around the intersection maybe scale down CVs from the end of the intersecting pipe.

Attached Thumbnails

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 17 21-01-2008 , 04:39 PM
this is with the end scaled down and a radius (in channel editor allways change both radii) of 0.4 instead of 0.2. as you can see the circular fillet is closed now.

Attached Images

# 18 21-01-2008 , 04:43 PM
Hi Falott,

yeah I've tried those, and tried using the round tool too.

I don't know why (probably because I've got curved pieces, they work in other scenes) but when I try and do them my system gets wonky and they usually fail. Especially when, if one piece goes through two other pieces, I try and apply two to it - parts of it begin to disappear.

I'll give it another go today and then, back tothe drawing board...

thanks,

gubar

# 19 21-01-2008 , 05:14 PM
detach surface. then you have 2 single pieces intersecting.