Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 16-07-2012 , 01:25 AM

Language problem

Hi, I recently installed Maya on a multilingual computer (English/Mandarin) under Win7Ult. The Maya interface is all English (as it should), but the instructional videos are all mandarin. Also when you open a menu there are squares to the right of most of the options. I don't know what should be displayed there but I believe the problem is that Chinese characters are suppose to show but since the computer is set to English the characters are not included in the current OS ASCII set. Anyone know a solution or have had this problem with multilingual systems?

Thanks - Yaku user added image

# 2 16-07-2012 , 03:35 AM
Technical Director
That's not an error; those are the option boxes. They allow you to set additional options for that tool, if needed.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 17-07-2012 , 06:25 AM
lol ok, when a character gets replaced the default is to display an empty square, thought that what was going on. Thanks