Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 29-06-2008 , 07:01 AM

Aspect ratio issue

Hi,

since I got my new monitor (1440 x 900, widescreen, old one was 4:3) I've had a couple of renders that have came out stretched horizintally. I got rid of this by just creating a new scene.

I've just taken an image into photoshop and it has advised me that "pixel aspect ratio is for preview purposes only. Turn it off for maximum image quality". Though it looked ok when rendered, it is compressed horizontally in photoshop, suggesting something is not correct in my setup.

In my render globals I have the default settings as per the image. Should I be changing these according to my monitor?

cheers

gubar

Attached Images
# 2 29-06-2008 , 12:31 PM
photoshop does that with all my renders. I just go into(in photoshop) Image>Pixel Aspect Ration>square.
You may need to choose something other than square, but it works for me.

-Andy

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 30-06-2008 , 02:43 AM
Thanks for the reply,

So you reckon this is normal then? I guess I can change it in photoshop... something tells me there is a way it should be set up which will avoid any kind of ratio issues all together though.

Anyone?

cheers

gubar