Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 15-07-2008 , 09:37 PM

annoying box

I just got maya 2008 and was wondering how to disable the annoying box on the top right of the viewpane which u click to change camera angle. It's huge and unnecessary, keeps getting in the way. Thanks.

# 2 15-07-2008 , 09:40 PM
Its there for a reason, and after a few days of using it, it becomes a part of you...
I have no idea HOW to disable it, but I know you can, but I suggest giving it a chance.
cheersuser added image
-Andy

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 15-07-2008 , 09:51 PM
Lifetime Member
Go to Window then Settings/Preferences and click on Preferences , then select ViewCube from the list and at the top uncheck Show the ViewCube .

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 4 16-07-2008 , 01:11 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by jsprogg
Go to Window then Settings/Preferences and click on Preferences , then select ViewCube from the list and at the top uncheck Show the ViewCube .

You can make it smaller in those settings, too.

# 5 16-07-2008 , 05:04 AM
Another question: I like the old compass from like 7.0 better because when I use it it takes me straight to orthographic views, is there a way to either A. Get that compass back or B. Make it so that the viewcube takes me to an orthographic view instead of its slightly offset thing it does now? Not that I don't enjoy smacking the spacebar for FourSquare as much as the next guy, but it's kind of annoying when you have to switch between 2008 and 7.0 and can't use all of the same commands.

~I have no idea what I'm doing~
# 6 16-07-2008 , 05:17 AM
I wish, but sadly no. There MIGHT be a plugin somewhere to replace it, but im not sure.

www.joopson.com
# 7 16-07-2008 , 02:03 PM
Subscriber

# 8 16-07-2008 , 09:29 PM
That only adds a shelf though, its not the same :angery:

www.joopson.com