Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-02-2004 , 08:32 PM
Subscriber

Low poly hair

First of all, what is a good poly limit to set myself to for an Xbox quality model? Or poly limits in general is fine.

Second of all my brother wants me to make him a low poly model and the character he wants to have hair kinda like Squall's from FF8, How would I go about doing this, I'v always tried to avoid hair before, so I have no Ideas.

# 2 02-02-2004 , 08:35 PM
Subscriber
heres a pic

Attached Images
# 3 02-02-2004 , 08:43 PM
For the hair use poly strips wiht a nice hair texture map and tranparency map. For the poly limit i would go no high than 5000 tris for x box but i would try for around 3000

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 02-02-2004 , 08:45 PM
Subscriber
ok, thanks. Thats what If been trying t odo with the hair. I'll just keep on practicing till it looks good user added image thanks again.

PS any good tutorials for that?

# 5 02-02-2004 , 08:49 PM
Not that i know if on SM maybe i should do one=)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 6 02-02-2004 , 08:51 PM
Subscriber
Hey sounds good to me. I like to see one. Well it looks like I may need to knock off a few tri's too cause I'm getting close to 4000 I just have the hair left though, so I may actually have to knock of quite a bit.