Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 16-05-2007 , 01:18 PM

Project Office

Hey, I'm modeling the office area where my dad works for a presentation he's working on. It's incredibly far from finished, but progress is apparent.

Sparticus

user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image

Expect to excell...
# 2 16-05-2007 , 03:17 PM
um one thing i noticed first was the couch...the coushion (sp) to arm rest ratio...that coushion is mammoth...prolly a very very uncomfortable thing to sit on...the back of it is prolly at a 90 degree angle too right? its prolly not one large one too...add a couple butt imprints too...just sayin these b/c we had to model a couch n stuff at the start of our class months ago...awesome start

# 3 16-05-2007 , 06:51 PM
yeah - it's looking really good so far - just the curve on the desk is looking a bit odd. nice job on the tree.user added image

# 4 16-05-2007 , 07:12 PM
Quite a project you're taking on there. I agree with aaron about the curved section of the desk top. Check to make sure you don't have some unmerged vertices or extra faces embedded inside. If that doesn't fix it, check to see if all the vertices on top are level with each other horizontally. Good start wasatch5_sparticus.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 5 17-05-2007 , 03:44 AM
yeah, the desk needs a lot more faces in the curve.

# 6 19-05-2007 , 06:18 AM

Originally posted by DJbLAZER
yeah, the desk needs a lot more faces in the curve.

I doubt that that will help it, but I will look at the vertice levels tomorrow.

Thanks! Keep suggesting and asking!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 7 19-05-2007 , 06:58 AM
Subscriber
trust him more faces will help.

# 8 24-05-2007 , 12:54 AM

Originally posted by BadG3r
trust him more faces will help.

No, it won't. I did try it and it made it worse. what I did was just level the verts and It looks good now. I'll have to wait until my school's open again to do anything with it because I graduated and the school is closed. Once I can, I will most likely start a new topic. Thanks for helping!

The Black-Eyed Bandit:bandit:

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 9 24-05-2007 , 10:22 AM
You'll need more faces, because that will look very jagged in close-ups.

# 10 31-05-2007 , 01:48 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
i'm guessing you used wedge faces to get that round corner of the lobby so first check the direction of the normals if the normals are all facing the right way you should go and look up the soften /harden tool ,make it all soft and it probably will be better user added image

good luck with your projectuser added image

# 11 31-05-2007 , 10:56 PM
Subscriber
great stuff like the couch alot.

only crit i have so far is that desk which is a bit to jagged. i reckon you should just create a cylinder and take of 3/4 of the cylinder and place it where you want and just combine and merge vertices ...

keep us posted ...