Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 23-09-2007 , 11:00 PM
Subscriber

Modelling Showreel (nudity + possibly image heavy)

Well, finally thought id show some screengrabs of wot will hopefully b my showreel works. been workin on this lil lot for a few months now - seems a whole lot longer! very hard stayin motivated stuck in ur bedroom all day every day! im gettin very close to completion now and its def been worth the hard work and effort.

onto the pics tho - still got a lil bit of modelling to do and know of a few issues. plus im currently try to rig the clothed girl so that i can pose her. then render it all out on turntables and send it off hopefully!

F15 Strike Eagle:

user added image

user added image

user added image

Stephanie Sadorra:

user added image

user added image

Peterbilt Truck:

user added image

user added image

Orta (from Panzer Dragoon Orta, so not my concept):

user added image

user added image

comments and crits r extremely welcome. i feel that the main modelling is at a close tho, just gotta do some sort of lil scene or somethin for em all and model the hair for the girls (no idea how to go about that).

had a q tho (well 2). wot do people think about the nude model? wud this b a problem showin a nude model on my showreel, shud i clothe her so as not to offend anybody?

second, will it b ok that my models arent textured? i dont know much about texturin and wud rather a straight modelling job, but wud just clay renders harm my job prospects? i will b attemptin to texture but only once the clay rendered reel has been sent out - im desperate for a job now and dont hav the time to texture the reel b4 i send it out (unless u guys say otherwise).

thanks for lookin and expect updates soon.

# 2 24-09-2007 , 12:09 AM
Your vehicle models are looking great, there looks to be some areas that need work on your female models though. The armpit area looks a bit odd to me. With regards to the nudity question I doubt anyone will have a problem with it.
I was considering making a demo reel so I am unsure about the texturing side of things although I think most places expect modelers to be able to lay out uvs and texture so would advise texturing your models if you can.

Good luck

# 3 24-09-2007 , 12:20 PM
Subscriber
thanks very much for reply. gettin the same response everywhere wit regards to my inorganic and organic models. these r some of my first organic models and i wasnt totally happy wit em but thought that theyd at least b passable for a first demo reel/job - ill hav to look into reworkin em a bit.

not got much response on the texturing q - so ill hav a think about that, thanx for ur input tho, appreciate it.

# 4 24-09-2007 , 11:07 PM
Subscriber
Overall, it looks very good. My comments are as follows:

On the F-14: VERY nice job on the cockpit, but somehow there seems to be detail missing on the rest of the plane! I'd go over the fuselage and add the little pits, fuel caps, &c &c!

On the nude female model, the most glaring thing is the size of her cranium. It's too small! Basic anatomy puts the eyes in the center of the head. They're too far up and that makes her look, well...not quite human! :-) The clothed female looks much better, but at first glance looked a bit more semi-cartoon. If that's what you aimed for, great job!

Otherwise very nice work! :-)

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 5 25-09-2007 , 09:28 AM
Subscriber
thanks for ur comments. i agree that the F15 is a bit bare on the outside. mite b worth adding a bit more detail - wondered whether to giv it some weapons, but ive got the rear landin gear rigged and it wud detract from that. ill hav a think.

i hadnt actually noticed that about the nude female, but ur rite, it doesnt look rite. it was my first attempt at realistic human modelling, but judgin by comments in other forums it may not b good enuf. ill try and tweak it, but may hav to start over.

the other girl is meant to b slightly cartoony. shes a girl from a computer game - Panzer Dragoon Orta, so obviously got a sort of manga-esque style.

thanks for ur comments tho. much appreciated.

# 6 25-09-2007 , 10:02 AM
The inorgainc modeling is superb mate, great job.

A few tweeks of the human models as per the crits would make them look really good.

Could you post up some wires of the topology etc?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle