Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 20-09-2002 , 02:05 AM

Gnomne 3D School

Is this a good place to learn maya and get a good job? Please let me know looking around for a school to learn maya profesionally, so i can get a good job.

How to fly:
"...aim for the ground and miss..."
# 2 20-09-2002 , 02:59 AM
That would be the place that I would suggest, but beware, I believe they are a little expensive, but Alex is a KILLER modeler, and teacher, so if you want to attend any Maya shool, Gnomon would be a good choice in my opinionuser added image

Download the VIP movie tutorials here at SM first so you are prepared for your first class!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 20-09-2002 , 06:10 AM
Kevin
To be honest I havnt heard to much about it, but I know the teachers there really know there stuff...

my advice is, look around all over the place first.. Im sure there are a few schools that may suit you and your budget better.

The chap who visits here has a maya school, Im sure you will find his posts around the board.

Best of luck whatever you decide dreams

# 4 20-09-2002 , 09:36 AM
what yo can do is subscribe to Gnomon online, and then you can download a couple of movies and see for your self !!

and tit is true, they are not cheap ! But I think when you are done it will be/hope be worth it ! user added image

The Important Thing is NOT to Stop Questioning.
--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 5 20-09-2002 , 09:50 AM
Kevin
what i would do dreams is practise hard for a year or to..so you have a good understanding, as the tutorials (so I have heard) are quite advanced from gnomon.

Im not sure how they teach..maybe more from a beginners point of view...best thing is maybe send them a mail and ask them loads of questions..sure they will be happy to help.

# 6 20-09-2002 , 10:11 AM
well it depends, I have a couple of videos (nurbs patch modeling) and that on is quit clear. Alex is guiding you step by step. ANd there are also tutorials showing you the way in the whole maya interface... I am not sure if the VIP section has a tutorial on that one !!

Maybe an Idea on there next tutorial, a quick guide through maya.

You also have to do a littl epart of your self, Read the books that come with the software. I know it is alot, or what you can do is look for txt tutorials on the internet:

www.highend3d.com
www.3dlinks.com
www.3dcafe.com

The all have excellent tutorials on maya. If you are working with a tutorial and you can't find anything just lookit up, that way you will learn it much and much quicker because you will stumble in to other things that are interresting also.

And as far as I know the total submission is aprox: $30000 :o , so make sure you knwo what you are doing. ( and there are possibilities to follow seperate courses !)

--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 7 20-09-2002 , 12:12 PM

Originally posted by Protheus
what yo can do is subscribe to Gnomon online, and then you can download a couple of movies and see for your self !!

Has anyone here actually been able to subscribe to the Gnomon online? I've tried several times, sent number of emails and called couple of times their customer service but no matter what I do, the system won't accept my credit card (MasterCard).user added image

Btw, they seem to have a new section in there consentrating on Maya basics.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 8 20-09-2002 , 12:21 PM
I had the sameproblem with my mastercard ! I used another card and it worked fine. I think something wrong with the mastercard part!

Try another card, VISA or American Express.

--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 9 20-09-2002 , 03:37 PM
Subscriber
If i were to choose a school for Maya in the US it'd be the Renaissance center where Jason Busby teaches. You'll see the link to the school on the home page of 3dbuzz.

# 10 20-09-2002 , 03:57 PM
Is it a good school, never heard of it ?

--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 11 20-09-2002 , 07:46 PM
Subscriber
From all i've heard it's one of the best and so is Jason Busby. I have a few of his Video training magazines and he's a great teacher. I'm seriously tempted to attend his Maya course next summer. A 4 week intensive course to include books and accomodation for $2500.

# 12 20-09-2002 , 07:59 PM
will check out the website !

--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 13 24-09-2002 , 12:50 AM
Just so you know i live in ohio, U.S.A so i will travel within the states but not that far. RSAD is a posibility www.rsad.edu

How to fly:
"...aim for the ground and miss..."
# 14 24-09-2002 , 04:00 AM
ive heard of rsad and gnomon.... but not the res center ill have to check it out... has anyone heard of
expression in cali? its attractive to me because they issue a ba but dont teach anything but entertainment themselves.... eveything else transfers and im close to a ba anyway with all the different classes ive taken ...
peace kyle

# 15 21-11-2002 , 11:19 AM

Originally posted by kbrown
Has anyone here actually been able to subscribe to the Gnomon online? I've tried several times, sent number of emails and called couple of times their customer service but no matter what I do, the system won't accept my credit card (MasterCard).user added image

Btw, they seem to have a new section in there consentrating on Maya basics.

Just FYI: I got the MasterCard issue solved with the forbearing help of Darrin. There was a problem with the way that Master Card verifies CVV2 numbers. Maybe it works for other people too now. Great movies they got there but it's been a while since they last posted new videos (except in the foundation section).

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!