Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 23-03-2011 , 03:10 PM

Snaps in rotate?

Does Maya have snaps that can be set like inferences. I am taking a Maya class, and this thing of rotating then going to the rotation attribute to enter the degrees is annoying. In several software packages you can set the polar snap to specific degrees, 5, 10, 15, 30 etc. since most of my work is thus, can I set this in Maya 2009?

Thanks

# 2 23-03-2011 , 04:41 PM
EduSciVis-er
Yes, open your rotate tool settings (double click on rotate tool) and near the top there should be a snap setting that you can input the degree, by default I think it is 90. You can also hold down 'j' to temporarily activate the snap function (or if it is on, it will temp disable it). Hope that helps.

# 3 23-03-2011 , 08:17 PM
Thanks for the reply. Will experiment.

# 4 24-03-2011 , 11:57 AM
Banned

Yes, open your rotate tool settings (double click on rotate tool) and near the top there should be a snap setting that you can input the degree, by default I think it is 90. You can also hold down 'j' to temporarily activate the snap function (or if it is on, it will temp disable it). Hope that helps.

You have provided really useful information regarding snaps rotations...
It will really help all members out here who are into Maya...So thanks for sharing it here...

# 5 17-09-2011 , 02:37 AM
Hey stwert you give us here, Great information.. I like this. I like this new Snap Rotation information.. Hope you will share here more information..

Nieander