Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 05-12-2005 , 08:26 PM

Here For A Brief Moment

Hello all,

Not sure anyone here remembers me but I was the lad that spent so much time bugging the forum about a little short I was trying to make called Identity Crisis. I had all these questions about lighting and GI and radiosity and such. Well, that ship, for better or worse, has more or less sailed. 3D is just little more than a dream for me now.

Maya is such a hard a$$ program to learn. Holy buckets! Talk about a mindbender! :headbang: I do thank everyone for all of the help you gave me. Time just hasn't been a good friend to me as of late. My wife nagged me all the time about the amount of time I was spending on the project and not with her. She was kind of right but I've moved on to screenwriting now in the hopes of firing up a new career. 3D is great but it's kinda hard to do that for a living with me living in the Midwest and most jobs being on the West Coast.

I'm sure I won't end up making Joe Eztherhaus or Shane Black jealous with any money I make if I ever sell anything but I can always dream. I've finished a first draft "script" but it has no cohesive story, no character development, little plot. It's just a bunch of gags and set pieces thrown together. Now, I'm studying with the help of a few pros to actually write a good screenplay. I'll keep you posted. I gotta run but just wanted you all to know I'm still around. user added image God bless everyone and have Happy Holidays. user added image

Russell

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com

Last edited by Russell; 05-12-2005 at 08:29 PM.
# 2 05-12-2005 , 11:13 PM
Some days ago I heard someone say something. this prevented me from thinking about I´ll never earn any mo with CG, cause maya is a pain in the a$$ indeed some times. what I heard was a little sentence about genius. it said -> True genius is a matter of persistence. (hope it is the correct word in your language)

PS: my girl was nagging too, so I moved out of our home and got me a new flat. she doesn´t nag anymore since then but still is my girl. I´m pretty much running out of doe since I quit my old and boring job in june 05. and the only institution which is teaching maya in my country costs about 12.000 $ which I can´t efford. nevertheless - I´m still at it cause CG is so much fun I wanna earn money with it someday.

good luck to you!