Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 14-05-2007 , 10:57 AM

hardware textring problem

IU have got maya 8.5 and am following a tutorial from gnomon for an eyeball. The thing is, I am having problems with the shading part of it, as what I have to do is plug a ramp into the transparency of the cornea. This is ok, but then it tells me to go to hardware texturing and turn on transparency, so I can see wher my ramp is on the interface, but on maya 8.5 this is not an option.

Also it tells me to change the texture resolution to high quality but this is not on maya 8.5 either, so I have no way of knowing where my ramp is on the eyeball, apart from keeping doing renders.

# 2 14-05-2007 , 01:56 PM
Subscriber
for the hardware textured part: press 6. thats all.

for the resolution: go to your material attributes of the specific material. there is a section called "hardware texturing". there youll find texture resolution.

good luck with the tut.

BadG3r

# 3 15-05-2007 , 03:57 AM
as stated in the actual question this option is not htere in maya 8.5, when i go to hardware texturing them options arent there, and since i cant select hardware texturing transpareny then it will not show if i press 6 or not.

# 4 15-05-2007 , 04:11 AM
Select the material, either in the hypershade or what ever. Then in the attribute editor scroll down to hardware shading then in there are the option's. I've just checked and the option's are there, i'm on 8.5.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 15-05-2007 , 07:46 AM
Subscriber
yeah me too on 8.5

the option will be greyed out if there is no texture applied.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 18-06-2007 , 11:25 AM
hmmmm... i'm having the same problem and still can't find a solution. the only thing i can find und hardware texturing is textured channel (which always says "None" even if the color channel has a textured set) and material alpha grain.
hardware shadingjust gives me the hardware shader slider. there is no point for texture resolution. user added image

# 7 18-06-2007 , 10:23 PM
i have no idea how it happened... but now it's possible.

thanks anyways!