Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 23-10-2007 , 06:11 PM

Robert De Niro

This is a low res model of Robert De Niro I've been working on this past week. I modeled it and textured it myself. All i got left is rigging it. I'm trying capture the character he portrayed in Goodfellas. I'm an animator EA so I'm just trying to amp up my portfolio to get a better job.

Attached Thumbnails

EA Games
# 2 23-10-2007 , 06:23 PM
Good job,

# 3 23-10-2007 , 08:47 PM
texturing looks awesome, can we see high poly version, or is this for a game or something?

# 4 24-10-2007 , 03:02 AM
Looks good, I think that you could tweek the model a bit to get a better likeness as, well for me, it dosent jump out as being De Niro, looking at a pic of him in Goodfellas it might be the jawline.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 24-10-2007 , 05:46 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Nice job there mate, my only crit is that it needs more work on the eyes, DeNiro's eyes are a tad smaller compared to his head and a bit more narrow, but that's it, i think.
Just out of interest could you show a wireframe and what was the polycount?
user added image

# 6 24-10-2007 , 06:28 AM
nice job, but to be honest, this doesn't look much like de niro to me. as mastone said, his eyes need to be smaller - he likes to squint - i also think his eyes are a little high.

his forehead looks to small - he has a really big forehead and his chin needs to be smaller. not sure how much of a likeness you are going for - he's going to be tough to get right as his face is kind of bland if you know what i mean. keep at it! user added image

# 7 24-10-2007 , 07:25 AM
Subscriber
whats the poly count?

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 8 24-10-2007 , 10:25 AM

De Niro

Yeah I agree the face needs a bit more work. The eyes critique helped. Thanks for the great input!

As I said before this model is for animation so the face is supposed to look blank at the moment until I get all the blendshapes and the body rigged. So my state of mind is set as an animator. At EA it's sometimes what we find that with new character modelers that come in, never tend to think about animation or that their character is going to be animated. Something to think about for all you modelers out there. If you're going into games or film. You gotta set your mind into animation. It helps helps us animators a whole lot! THanks again!

Poly count is 2654

EA Games
# 9 24-10-2007 , 10:35 AM
Subscriber

Re: De Niro

Originally posted by djknucklez1
Yeah I agree the face needs a bit more work. The eyes critique helped. Thanks for the great input!

. At EA it's sometimes what we find that with new character modelers that come in, never tend to think about animation or that their character is going to be animated. Something to think about for all you modelers out there. If you're going into games or film. You gotta set your mind into animation. It helps helps us animators a whole lot! THanks again!

Poly count is 2654

thats exactly how i model, i always model my characters with a neutral facial expression, it makes animating them easier

# 10 26-10-2007 , 03:37 AM
Subscriber
Very cool man! I understand how hard it is to make that happen..user added image

myspace - www.myspace.com/seansilasexperimental