SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / restricting a field for particles?

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

07-07-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
daphnisss

restricting a field for particles?
Hi,

I was wondering how to make the particles not leave the 2nd field which I have given to them. They start by going through a cone and then through a cylinder. My problem is that the particles at about the middle of my cylindar leave this field but then they come back. I want them to stay in this field.

Thank you,
Alex

Last edited by daphnisss; 07-07-2005 at 07:29 PM.
08-07-2005, 04:11 AM   #2
NextDesign
Technical Director

You could create a piece of geometry, where you want the feild to be. then, calculate a few frames, select the particles, then the geometry, and create a collision. then re-select the geometry, and create a collision event. at the bottom of the panel, there will be an option for original particle dies. check that.

there you go.