Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-11-2005 , 07:01 PM
Subscriber

Help

Can somebody pleeaassee help me.
How do I activate symmetry on my model. I'm creating a eye, and when I tweak the left I must tweak the right. Unless I must select both sides, but is there not an easier way.

I need help......

Just.Because.I'm.Fading.It.Doesnt.Mean.I.Dont.Reme mber.You
# 2 16-11-2005 , 07:15 PM
Wrong forum ante its the new forum your after.

What you need to do is select half of the model and create an instance in the duplicate options box, be sure to have the scale to -1 in the X

# 3 16-11-2005 , 07:15 PM
Subscriber
wrong part of the forum i think.... anyways u firstl need to look at some tutorials, like on this site.
but to select both sides go into a side view or front or above depending on what u are selecting and hold l/mousebutton to pull the select tool round ure vertices or wotever thtas the only way i know of to get both sides selected, modeling aint easy or everyone would be working for pixar.

# 4 16-11-2005 , 07:17 PM
Subscriber
also just make one eye then duplicate once finshed for the other.

# 5 17-11-2005 , 05:49 PM
Subscriber

Thanks!

Thanks, sorry bout the wrog forum???. anyway thanks, I only joined this website about 3 months ago...and it really helps, I've downloaded loads of the tutorials like...Pilot girl, ninja model and stuff like that so...yey!, anyway thanks if I have any more trouble I'll find the forum which will be the right one. Thanks!

Just.Because.I'm.Fading.It.Doesnt.Mean.I.Dont.Reme mber.You
# 6 17-11-2005 , 06:07 PM
Subscriber
np user added image
good luck.!