Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 24-12-2007 , 11:07 PM

Adding Audio

Hi all,

I'm trying to add audio to an animation, it is the right format and it seems to import fine, and even works in the playblast, but when I render to an AVI theres no sound, any ideas?

Thanks
Dave

# 2 24-12-2007 , 11:32 PM
I'm not that experienced with movie editing but I would probably add sound in a extern program like after effects. And Mayas AVI files are not perfect, make it into images like TGA for example then use another program to make the movie, I find it easier to control the fps this way to.

And welcome to Simplymaya. user added image

# 3 25-12-2007 , 07:21 AM
export the movie with no sound as an AVI and add the sound in a program like After effects or Adobe Premiere along with the video

# 4 25-12-2007 , 09:54 AM
Thanks for the replies guys,

but am i alone in thinking its totally lame to have to add audio in an external program after forking out so much for Maya? There must be something I'm missing. I mean lip synching is going to be a nightmare.

Dave

# 5 25-12-2007 , 11:45 AM
Subscriber
dont go with avi, its crap.

Batch render your your animation as targa files.

Then use videomach (very easy to use) to turn those targa files into either an avi or mpeg.

mike mckinley has a great tutorial on rendering, thats how i learnt.

https://www.simplymaya.com/movie_page...html?tut_id=49

As for the sound. (Assuming its all synched with what you need in maya).

You dont even need a complicated program like After Effects (unless of course you're good with AE). Just download any program. I have Ulead video editor AND after effects, and i STILL use Ulead if its just for sound,...purely because its so quick and simple.

So here you are...

step 1) Follow the great mike mckinleys tutorial
https://www.simplymaya.com/movie_page...html?tut_id=49

step 2) Use video mach, import your Targa files. (like i said very easy...follow Mike). When completed you will have a smooth video in either avi or mpeg.

Step 3) With ULead or any video editing program,..import both your sound AND your newly rendered video into it, and create a video file or render it out in that program or do whatever it requires to output the final version (vid and sound)

hope this helps

user added image

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 6 25-12-2007 , 12:03 PM
Subscriber
Im a little confused as to what you mean after readin your last post.

Heres what you do, very easy. You have your sound yes?
You can do this 2 ways.

Import it in the timeline or use the trax editor. i prefer the trax editor as u can move it accordingly.

Let me know exactly what you want to do, and i will explain in more detail, if not, some1 will

good luck

user added image user added image user added image

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 7 09-03-2009 , 12:27 PM
Hi all I may be missing something very obvious but when i import sound to the timeline i can see the waveform but theres no sound when i playback, ive tried rendering it to an avi and playblasting it, but theres nothing there, its wav format so it should work any ideas?

P.S. I'm not ignoring the above advice but the reason i want to import the audio to maya is because I need to lip synch and it will be 100 times easier doing it in the program.