Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 30-04-2003 , 06:53 PM

ORC WARBRINGER

:argue: Im working on a movie and I need some points to download training movies. Do I have to buy them?user added image user added image user added image I hate how the only stuff thats free is crapuser added image user added image but the good stuff costs points:argue:

JOIN MY CULTIVATION
# 2 30-04-2003 , 07:00 PM
You don't have to buy points, there are other alternatives, like entering in competitions and stuff... and the free stuff is still really good for Noobies, and there are a bunch around here, so they are still usefull. Nice character by the way!! What kind of help do you need? I am sure if you ask someone would be able to help.
Brian

BTW have you checked out the price of points??? Its pretty cheap

Please check
My (old) website!
# 3 30-04-2003 , 07:10 PM
look at this amazing model. I donĀ“t think he need n00bi tutorials.
great work...kinda the warcraft orc

# 4 30-04-2003 , 07:24 PM
I agree, I think the model is great! I would really like to see the animation/scene.
Be

Please check
My (old) website!
# 5 30-04-2003 , 07:30 PM
I did exagerate a lot. Its the lack of sleep that makes me edgy. So I can enter a competition to rack up points eh? I appoligize for insulting free tutorials. I had come across a few problems earlier but I currently am losing my memory

JOIN MY CULTIVATION
# 6 30-04-2003 , 07:34 PM
Don't worry about comming off strong, I do it all the time. Wow your work is really top notch. I love the style of the second pic. THe face looks real. Got any more? user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 7 30-04-2003 , 07:43 PM
top notch? user added image I wish more companies felt that way.

JOIN MY CULTIVATION
# 8 30-04-2003 , 07:48 PM
I think if you just work on your textures a bit those guys they would turn out really nice. the designs are pretty cool

Please check
My (old) website!
# 9 30-04-2003 , 07:59 PM
thanks user added image textures and constraints, the next 2 hurdles. Ive already fully textured the warmage, but I havent rendered anything for about a week and a half. Ive gotten too busy with modeling and sketching

JOIN MY CULTIVATION
# 10 30-04-2003 , 08:18 PM
The Maya Mountain
Nice stuff! user added image

Sorry about your thoughts regarding the tutorials here. In a perfect world, running a big site like this would be free. user added image

# 11 30-04-2003 , 08:32 PM
damn , im sorry i sound like such an asshole. I have a huge respect for anyone who makes a documentation or video. I just have been having trouble finding tutorials on specific topics. And so through hard searching, I came here, and I registered just yesterday or the day before (Ive been awake for 3 days straight) and then I realized I needed points before downloading. So I was going to see if I could get points by making a post, ..but no. So Ill wait until the next competition because these vip tutorials are really nice looking. And the author is definitelly worth the money for the time he spent making those videos, so I might buy a few topics.

JOIN MY CULTIVATION
# 12 01-05-2003 , 07:12 PM
Subscriber
what kinda movie!? I'd love to see it. This stuff is great! Yah what kind of help do you need? The people here are quite helpful, just ask.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 13 01-05-2003 , 11:13 PM
ok , i have a question but its more personal. I know that somebody must have delt with the stuff Im dealing with. How do you get people off your back when you have been working for more than 40 hours at a time and how do you do it in a way that they wont get angry and try to turn off the computer and destroy the precious progress. Just asking because I happen to irritate everyone because I work on 3d nonstop. And I get so exhausted of hearing _ you need to get some excercise, and you need to get a job ,and you have no life, and your a complete loser!

Sorry if the question was a bit strong, but its the biggest problem now.

JOIN MY CULTIVATION
# 14 02-05-2003 , 12:26 AM
Subscriber
I love that armor shot! Also, the face is really nice! Man, you did that overnight? I spent almost a week modelling my armor.. and it looks nothing like that! Anyways, keep up the great work... the tutorials here at SM are wonderful (the ones for moeny).. the ones that are free are mostly for noobies and are still good to go over even if you know a good ammount of Maya.. as it never hurts to pick up 1 or 2 tricks here and there user added image. The VIP tutorials though certainly are exceptional though user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 15 02-05-2003 , 02:36 AM
Subscriber
At the risk of sounding cliched working for 40 hours straight may actually mean your work is not as good as it might be. Try planning in short walks, listening to a cd or reading a book or something, or just get your mates on MSN and swap pictures of your latest creations and give them a good laugh 8).

Working without a break is not actually good for you. Not in terms of eyesight, posture or letting your brain relax from single tasks. It's not about not having a life, you choose to spend yours on 3d and good for you, but it is about health, and those sort of hours are not a good idea. Why don't you sit down with the people who are turning off your PC and explain to them how important 3d is to you, and listen to what they have to say- they are probably worried about you.

Incidentally when you go for that walk take a digital camera or a sketchbook- that way a texture or idea you might have missed can be yours!

I don't want to come across as a lecturing old fart, but think about balancing your 3d work with other things, you have clearly got talent and I wish I could model like you- don't feel you have to turn all that talent into models for 40 hrs at a time, you can do a portfolio just as good with a little time spent on something else.

By the way the tutorials are well worth the small outlay. I've learnt loads of new things from them.