Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-01-2004 , 02:24 PM

WIP critiques - a suggestion

Just a quick note about WIP critiques (i know this was brought up a while ago but....and I dont want to tread on any toes)but it seems that lots of people are just writing one line (even one word!) critiques of other people's work. I am guilty of it at times as well but it's really frustrating to read and to receive those sort of remarks (e.g. nice work, looking forwards to more, good start etc). Is there anyway of moderating this to try and get people to post more informative crits? It's the only way for people to improve. I know that there are a lot of noobs on the board and sometimes they do just need encouragement but even so I see experienced board members giving these sorts of crits when they should really be pointing basic stuff out and not just saying it looks nice. I know people dont want to be seen as harsh (cause in general people on this board are really nice) but i'm starting to think that it's becoming detremental to people's work, progression and learning. I also realise that some noobs may not feel that they're opinions will be valid or insightful enough when critiquing some of the more experienced people, but everyones opinions are useful and sometimes even experienced people forget basic stuff (or are too lazy to do it right user added image)

So my point is, and feel free to tell me otherwise, but come on guys lets make the feedback on this board some of the best on the web! it only takes 5 minutes to give a decent crit, so lets lose all of these one liners and really get some meaty feedback on the go! it's for all of our benefit

discuss...... user added image

Alan

EDIT
Maybe a sticky or something in the WIP forum about posting guidelines might be a good idea.

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 2 14-01-2004 , 02:29 PM
Kevin
nice post, looking forwards to more.

user added image

# 3 14-01-2004 , 02:48 PM
:p good start kevin, nice work user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB