Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-07-2006 , 11:09 AM
Subscriber

Booleans problem (in Cartoon Dog tut.)

Hello!
I'm following the Cartoon Dog tutorial of Simply Maya and in the part 3, when I try to make an (boolean) union between the tail and the body of the dog, the top part of the tail merges to the middle part of the dog's body. Why does this happens?
I attached 1 image with 2 printscreens for you to see the problem (the first printscreen shows my 2 objects selected and the second printscreen shows the result of the union).
Thank you in advance,
Sepraud

user added image

P.S.: As this is my first post in this forum, here is my presentation: my real name is Duarte, I'm portuguese and I'm 15 years old. I'm starting to learn Maya and I hope you can help me! When I learn enough I'll try to retribute your help by helping the beginners too. user added image

Last edited by Sepraud; 14-07-2006 at 11:14 AM.
# 2 16-07-2006 , 02:44 PM
Subscriber
Here is the solution if anyone get this problem:
A member of other forum solved the problem by telling me to merge the vertices of the tip of the tail and making the booleans union just after that.
Regards,
Sepraud

# 3 17-07-2006 , 06:44 PM
there is a FAQ thread if you want to post info like this it goes there

# 4 18-07-2006 , 01:21 PM
i don't see that as a frequently asked question...

Accept no substitutions.
# 5 18-07-2006 , 01:27 PM
Subscriber
Anyway, thanks for your attention! user added image