Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 30-11-2003 , 08:26 PM
Subscriber

Learning 3D Animation with Jeff Lew

I've seen this on www.divx.com...check it out...
btw any idea which specific 3d software package he is using on his videos???

comment it...

Ioannis KarAvas
# 2 30-11-2003 , 08:31 PM
He uses Animation:Master, but the idead is not learning a software package, just how to animate. The software package used in irrelevant.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....

Last edited by doodle; 30-11-2003 at 08:42 PM.
# 3 02-12-2003 , 01:20 PM
Subscriber
I have used Animation Master for the past three years (god is it as long as that) and although it isn't a REAL heavyweight package in terms of FX, it is a killer for character animation. I personally find it has character animation features (Smart Skin, NLA, Modeling/Action/Choreography Modes, Poses) that are better than Maya's - Mods please don't strike me off - but it has its limitations too and isn't used very much by professional studios.

It has been plagued by bugginess, especially version 9/9.5 but the latest version 10/10.5 seems to be their best yet. I continue to use it for my pet project but I like using Maya too. Maya has it's strengths (FX, Dynamics, Fur, Expressions,Scripting, Mental Ray - STABILITY) too, but as z1mmnd14 said:

the idead is not learning a software package, just how to animate. The software package used in irrelevant.

I might get it myself user added image

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 4 02-12-2003 , 01:39 PM
Subscriber
I got the DVD and I never used Animation Master and it was helpfull for me. I think its the best training video about character animation. Some stuff he talked about in the video I didn't think of which I don't know why. He goes through some of it telling different functions in the software, but what he goes through pretty much all softwares have.

# 5 02-12-2003 , 11:38 PM
I'm definatly thinking of buying the DVD, is it worth it the 30+ GBPs

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 6 03-12-2003 , 10:15 AM
Subscriber
z1mmnd14 said:

is it worth it the 30+ GBPs

Well mate, from what I have read on the A:M Forum and reviews by Hashers I hold with regard it DEFINATELY seems worth it. Crickey, even one of the Hash employees said that it is good not just for Hashers but other 3D programs!

So looks like I might buy myself a copy, it will help me improve me Hash skills but I will help apply those to Maya too user added image

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com