Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 13-05-2004 , 12:45 AM
sorry for that las 3 messages...
I had problem in my connection and I didn't know if the message was posted....

# 17 13-05-2004 , 12:51 AM
Great car! The front wheels seem to toe in too much tho, or it might be my eyes as it hasn't been mentioned.

I hope I dont need geek specs! Then my girlfriend would realy take the piss user added image

# 18 13-05-2004 , 01:14 AM
Very nice car model Stormgetto! Hopefully one day I can design a car model myself! user added image Still have that head to work on for me though! Yeah, I have to agree about the texture though, it just seems a little dark. Also, it would be cool if you added a little more of a metal effect to it. Also DrRobotnik, there is nothing wrong with getting glasses! Hey, I wear them, and I don't look like a geek! user added image People think I look fine with or without them on. They have nice pairs of glasses out there anyway, so even if you did ever have to get some you would not have to get anything big and bulky that would make you "feel like a geek." I plan on getting contacts this summer though since I have had glasses for several years now, and I want to try something different! user added image If you never want to get glasses, there is always contacts!

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)
# 19 13-05-2004 , 07:24 PM
I was only joking. I have no problem with glasses. My girlfriend always jokes that because of the time I spend on the PC I should have ultra thick lensed glasses (geek glasses). Sometimes I wish I did need glasses I think look darn good in them user added image

# 20 13-05-2004 , 07:40 PM
user title spammer
i think it looks quite nice ...

@ 2 boxy: guess thats polygons user added image

# 21 13-05-2004 , 08:08 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Dude

This is a nice model, but you're not doing it any justice with the lighting. What are you using?

Get your textures back on and get a 3 light set up in there to pick up the edges of the car and fill it out nice too.

Jango

# 22 14-05-2004 , 11:23 AM
Thanks guys...
I'm already working on it......
I'll be posting a better version in the next thread with scene and some another stuffs, because if I get into this here this thread is gonna turn WIP right......but I'm taking your comments, and working....allways for the best....

# 23 15-05-2004 , 11:54 PM
Simply Maya OG
From what I can see of the car, its a Nissan Skyline (if im correct). Skylines are VERY boxy compared to other cars. I personally like the boxiness of the Skyline. Its already been mentioned, but the front tires bend in too much, as if its about to break off the suspension. Good work so far.

- Hybrid