Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 18-05-2006 , 10:33 PM

Visor Issues

Hi there!

I'm somewhat of a newbie at Maya 7 (running on a Windows XP PC) and I'v been playing around with some PaintFX for some time now, but suddenly the other day, everything under each and every tab in my visor had disappeared. I looked under the directories where Maya was installed and my brushes and all still exist (means i didnt accidentally delete them). So now I'm not able to browse through visor and select different brushes. The only way i'm able to do that is by hitting the 'import' button in the 'file' menu in visor... but then that sorta defeats the purpose of having the visor...

I'm attaching a pic. of what it looks like... user added image

I would appreciate any help on this matter! user added image

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

Darkness Falls... From Where???
# 2 19-05-2006 , 04:49 PM
doog

# 3 19-05-2006 , 04:51 PM
good,,

# 4 19-05-2006 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber
try renaming ur preferences (don't delete in case u wanna restore) and see if that helps

# 5 24-05-2006 , 01:54 PM
try install and uninstall make sure all maya stuff is gone

# 6 28-05-2006 , 03:41 PM
Erase the prefs folder located in My Documents -> maya --> 7.0 (or your version) --> prefs

and restart maya!