Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 21-11-2006 , 02:18 AM
Subscriber

image planes no longer ?

not sure what happen ....hard drive went and went and restored with backup but files are not right ..my image planes are gone. i even set new project and put image planes back but nothing ..I took whole maya folder and put right back ... help ...here is the file

had to put it on another service said too big for simplymaya ..

any help would be great

Code:
https://www.sharebigfile.com/file/23078/HandTut.rar.html

# 2 21-11-2006 , 02:28 AM
Subscriber
yes i have reattached images and hit 5 and then six and s till nothing and did attached image to planes again . ...

# 3 21-11-2006 , 02:35 AM
what happenis that u misplace file do this go hypershade click shader and browse image file to it

"The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
Albert Einstein.
# 4 21-11-2006 , 02:39 AM
u file link is say that image wherein D:\simplymaya hand modeling\Hands\SideHandImage.jpg
Gagan Jain: it look in d: drive for image and u move to c: drive

"The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
Albert Einstein.
# 5 21-11-2006 , 02:51 AM
Subscriber
not sure why but i have redone where image points and not working on mine ... at all.

# 6 21-11-2006 , 04:27 AM
Subscriber
Well I just tried the file, and it was fine on my pc.

I followed this procedure:

1) Extract all files from archive
2) Copy "HandTut" directory into MyDocuments\maya\projects
3) File->Project->Set... , select "HandTut"
4) Open firstfingernurbs.mb

Everything Cool.

Can you get other image planes to display properly? Say for ex, can you make a new scene and set up planes ok?

The reason I ask is that this rings a bell somewhere. I don't quite know what the thread was called, or even the forum for that matter. But anyway, it might be a setting in the Maya.env file. (...\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\maya\7.0)

But if you copied the same one back again, it should be as it was. Hmmm.......

# 7 21-11-2006 , 09:15 AM
Subscriber
yeah i did that ..and unistalled maya nad put new video drivers on ..here is an image

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 21-11-2006 , 11:45 AM
Subscriber
Sorry mate. It seems I've missunderstood you somehow. That pic looks just the same as my screen when I load the file.

Not quite sure what you mean..

The hypergraph indicates there's 2 poly planes, and that's cool. we can see them both.

The images are mapped onto the top and front, rather than the top and side views. But again that's no prob, other than the plane facing the front view has the material named SideHand assigned to it.

Also the layer editor indicates that the layer the images on is V(isible), but not set to T(ransparent) or R(efference).

Just wondering, how should the screen look?

Simon