Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 20-02-2007 , 09:54 PM
Subscriber

Earth

Would men be able to live in peace?

This is a small project that i have done. It is not exacly the way i wanted it to look.
Please tell what you think about it. If you got some pointers please tell me, i am alway in for some tips..

Please post about my 3d scene.
Or you can awnser the question... if it has an awnser.

Thanks.

Keep up the good work..

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be afraid of what you can see, but be afraid of what you cant see.
# 2 21-02-2007 , 12:43 AM
I really like your Earth user added image
I guess the longer I look at it the more the light reflecting off it makes it look more like a marble to me lol, but it looks cool overall.

# 3 21-02-2007 , 01:23 AM
Subscriber
couple things I noticed, the earth isn't exactly round, it's actually flat... just kidding, but the earth is actually slightly wider at the equator, yours looks a bit taller than wider. There is a thread on a photorealistic earth that I believe people are discussing the measurements or something like that. The other thing was the bright reflection of light seems way too intence

My answer to the question is, when there is finally peace there will be no human.

Last edited by Rhetoric Camel; 21-02-2007 at 03:36 AM.
# 4 21-02-2007 , 03:48 AM
the only things i can spot is that, the stars are the same colour in the background, the earth nedd more of a blue haze, and also it need to be tilted, cause the earths axis is not exactly straight.

# 5 21-02-2007 , 10:14 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the tips guys.
I am still fighting with the program, so i am happy about the result. But it can always be better. So i will definitly take you point in consideration.

And i will check out the thread..user added image

# 6 21-02-2007 , 10:24 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the tips guys.
I am still fighting with the program, so i am happy about the result. But it can always be better. So i will definitly take you point in consideration.

And i will check out the thread..user added image

# 7 23-02-2007 , 12:36 AM
Seems like it could use some back-it-up type of material. A space cloud, or something. I dunno. Like was previously mentioned, the glare on the ocean is really distracting. Other than that, superb work mate!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 8 23-02-2007 , 09:09 AM
Subscriber
wow nice job, nailed it Jaroehl user added image though i reckon the intensity of light(reflection on earth) is abit to high since its just a white circle but thats my thought :p also kind of reminds me off the introduction of heros the new series... user added image

just another question how did you make the background(universe)

marlon

# 9 23-02-2007 , 05:15 PM
Subscriber
I have seen the series of heroes.
And i love it. asspecialy episode 16 with peter petrelli. It is a serie that really gets to me. I see it as an option user added image

The universe background is a map.

user added image

# 10 28-02-2007 , 10:26 AM
Subscriber
ived only seen up to eps 13 ... i love hiro! lol funny as ey :p