Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 17-01-2010 , 06:29 PM

Maya 2010 running really slow?

Hey guys,

I am running a fresh install of Maya 2010 on my mac 8-core 2.8GHz with 4Go ram, Mac OS X 10.5.8.

On about every click I do, it spiral wheels for about 5 seconds. Selecting a vertex, opening a scroll-down menu, selecting a tool, etc... it is sooo slow I can't work.

I have been watching my CPU usage, and its very reasonable. I can't find the problem, so I thought about asking you guys. Maybe I have to install a patch or something? I'm quite new to it so maybe there's something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Jeremy

# 2 17-01-2010 , 08:20 PM
Lifetime Member
Jeremy,

I suggest you contact AutoDesk support and send them a bug report. You could also try and delete your Maya preferences and your ~/Autodesk/maya folder to see if it helps.

Jacques

Poly-pushing on a '96 SGI O2