View Poll Results: Do you vote for Howardporter or Eagleking's final render
Witchy 6 46.15%
Howardporter 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-06-2003 , 02:12 PM
Subscriber

Tournament #2 - FINALS - Howardporter VS Witchy

Alright, this tournament round goes on for 5 days. It will then go on for one day after that, when it will be voted for. If you vote for one, please vote for the rest of them as well. Also, if the next day there are not at least 3 votes on one side, the mods will judge the winner. Have a great time and this round is on:

Model your favourite video game character .

Must be fully textured

Howardporter
and
Witchy (yep M I have changed it lol)

Have a great battle!

DO NOT VOTE UNTIL BOTH FINAL RENDERS ARE IN

user added image

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 2 04-06-2003 , 02:15 PM
Subscriber
Hey guys, have a great battle user added image.. btw, that thing above that is the chart.. i will have it updated later today.. my router is blocking my connection or something so being on the net is going slow.. i have to fix that. Once i do I will download those images and put them into the chart. Ok, have a great battle.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 3 04-06-2003 , 03:49 PM
Subscriber
I assume you overrode the voting in the battle between myself and Eagle for a reason, not sure what that was, perhaps you might drop me a line? Or is this an error? Eiither way good luck Howard and Eagle for the next stage.

# 4 04-06-2003 , 03:52 PM
eehhm....witchy won the battle

# 5 04-06-2003 , 03:59 PM
Subscriber
hey howard, if i were you i would not start working on it until the mistake about witchy and eagleking is sorted out. fair is fair - M must have been blind to allow eagle into the finals. no offence eagle.

# 6 04-06-2003 , 04:02 PM

Originally posted by BabyDuck
M must have been blind to allow eagle into the finals. no offence eagle.

thats a bit hard...

# 7 04-06-2003 , 04:23 PM
Kevin
M will change the image in the pic as soon as he see his error - I think he had to much beer user added image

BTW M - I will have that thing you requested last week sorted later mate.... I had to do a reinstall! sorry mate

Right guys .. on with the battle! - and good luck

# 8 04-06-2003 , 05:12 PM
Subscriber
If it is me, and I admit to a certain confusion, I shall be doing either Sam/Max from Sam and Max Hit the Road/ Freelance Police or Manny from Grim Fandango. I think!

# 9 04-06-2003 , 06:22 PM
Subscriber
I am thinking maybe SpongeBobSquarePants....

Or Lara Croft...mmmmmmm user added image

# 10 04-06-2003 , 10:40 PM
Subscriber
maybe the hulk or spiderman? or a space invader?

# 11 04-06-2003 , 11:53 PM
witchy, wanna suply some pics... cause i have no idea who any of those charactors are at all....

Space ionvaders rockeduser added image, if you have the time, make the whole scene(the ship under a wall with space ships throwing bombs and lasers down, it would look pretty darn shibby(shibby = the anti-mate).

Given from the right angle(like view between the ships from above, .. man thats what i would make....

*ideas*..

Imagine a missile command screen, make small spheres with city scapes on them, then the huge missile launcher thing in the middle. with rockets raining down....

The possibilites are endless...

# 12 05-06-2003 , 12:08 AM
Subscriber
They are both old lucas arts classic adventure PC games. Similar era to Day of the Tentacle. If you don't have an interest in those sort of games and/or are not old and decrepid you won't have heard of them. Be grateful I didn't go for something from the days of the ZX81 user added image

I wanted to make something from both for a while and I am using this part of the tournament to brush up my skills on something I am interested in, as Howards skills far exceed mine. That's not whining, before anyone starts, it's simply a fact and it won't alter me putting lots of effort in. As this is for interest and to challenge myself I was not that concerned with popular appeal when I made my choices. We shall see how it turns out.

Trying out subds and cps for this part of the comp- make a change from polys. Images will be posted with progress shots as I don't know quite which I am doing yet.

Your ideas sound fun Howard- I look forward to seeing what you are going to trounce me with :bgreen: user added image

# 13 05-06-2003 , 12:24 AM
i just got a computer like 4 years ago. i know my way pretty well around most current games for the last 5 years or so... other than that im out....

# 14 05-06-2003 , 12:27 AM

Originally posted by Witchy
They are both old lucas arts classic adventure PC games. Similar era to Day of the Tentacle.

Ahh .. *nostalgia*

# 15 05-06-2003 , 12:47 AM
i dont even know what day of the tenticles.