Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-03-2015 , 08:39 PM

FBX export animation issues

Hi there! I'm trying to export an animation from maya for use in Unity. I have a skinned mesh that also utilizes blend shapes. I bake the animation to the mesh, however when I export, maya seems to skip over the baking animation step. I have definitely got the "animation", "bake animation", ,"Deformed models" "skins" and "blend shapes" boxes checked. I can't tell if this is a bug or a feature. I've deleted non deformer history, I've tried a lot of different things that would normally fix stuff, but for whatever reason, what I get after exporting is a model that (sometimes) has the gross animation (ie the stuff on the joints that includes moving in Y) but not the blend shapes animations.

Help!

# 2 26-05-2015 , 02:55 PM
Could be that FBX plugin is causing this problem, sometimes it corrupts exporting process and no matter what you do since that point it won't export correctly. To test this, try renaming "Maya" folder temporarily to "Maya old" and reopen the file with restarted Maya.

# 3 26-05-2015 , 05:53 PM
Huh, thanks, I will try this at some point and see if it works. This is the most useful reply I got to this topic on the entire internet.

# 4 15-06-2015 , 06:51 PM
I saw recently that Maya 2016 has game exporter and specif FBX functions. Try that if you have no luck yet.

# 5 22-07-2015 , 11:43 PM
Ran into this again, and did as recommended - renamed the maya folder, started maya, unloaded the plugin but left it to autoload, restarted maya, and then reloaded the file and exported successfully.

user added image

# 6 03-03-2017 , 03:24 PM

which one is that ?

Could be that FBX plugin is causing this problem, sometimes it corrupts exporting process and no matter what you do since that point it won't export correctly. To test this, try renaming "Maya" folder temporarily to "Maya old" and reopen the file with restarted Maya.

Could you please explain what do you mean by '' maya '' folder ? which one is that ? THX bunch !