Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-01-2014 , 02:57 AM

Issue on applying extrude to a curve with a NURB circle as reference

Hello SimplyMaya community, I just registered as I very recently gotten into Maya and I'm still learning the ropes as I'm following basic tutorials to get myself started. However I ran into some trouble and I've been unsuccessful in finding a solution on the web, probably due to my lack of knowledge and how I specified the issue on my search, as such I'm resorting to you more experienced folks, please take care of me. user added image

Now on the problem:

I created a curve using the CV Curve tool then tried to apply extrude (surface) on the curve by previously selecting a NURB circle so I could hopefully apply geometry to that curve using the circle as a reference (correct me on that if necessary), however the opposite happened, even though I had shift-selected NURB circle > Curve, the curve was applied to the circle and generated itself into a random curve with geometry.

In a long shot, I tried to access the Outliner window in order to see if there was some priority issue but alas I couldn't understand if that was the case.

So that's my current problem, unfortunately I'm not able to advance into my tutorial until I manage to get this sorted, I hope any of you will be able to lend me a hand on this, thank you! user added image

# 2 08-01-2014 , 03:07 AM
Thanks to another thread in this forum I was able to solve the issue, thank you! user added image