Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 12-09-2007 , 09:46 PM

hands feet locked to something?

Hello all, I was working with a biped and animating away then all of a sudden the power goes out, ups kicks in and when I return to a working state my maya system started this strange deformation when moving my ik's. As far as I can tell its like my feet stop at the floor and my hands seems to be locked to something in space. When moving I dont get my normal bending, instead my skin is getting mutilated like a tin can. Any thoughts?

After working with it some more, its more like the IK is being moved not the chain?

# 2 25-09-2007 , 04:59 PM
In the joint's attributes, you could have sticky ticked. This will mean that the bottom-most joint in an ik chain (possibly your hands and feet) will not move when a joint outside of their chain (though still it's parent) is moved (like your root bone). So, when you move your characters torso, his hand and feet stay in place. Unchecking sticky should fix it.

gubar

# 3 26-09-2007 , 09:38 PM
I ended up re-rigging but I bet that was it! Thx, because I know I had this happen once before.