Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 05-08-2008 , 11:19 AM

channel box/layer editor?

Im trying to edit the inputs of a sphere to change it into a dome (end sweep 180) but when i open the channel box/layer editor it does not show imputs.

how do you make it show the imputs or is there anouther way to change the end sweep?

thnx

# 2 05-08-2008 , 12:11 PM
Subscriber
if you're looking for the end sweep then you're using a NURBS sphere, if it were a polygon sphere you could just select half the faces and delete them

but to answer your question, i dont know how to get it to show in the inputs, but see if the attribute editor will work

provided you haven't cleared the history on the shape you can find it in the makeNurbsSphere<number> tab

actually, at a guess, you've probably made a NURBS sphere and either deleted history or you're not recording history
at the top of the window is a little scroll-like icon, click that, if you're recording history then a red cross wont be on it

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 06-08-2008 , 02:32 PM
Thanks that solved the problem user added image