Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 27-02-2011 , 09:29 PM

2005 Toyota GT-S

I've always wanted to model this car but never felt my skills were up to it but i finally gave it a shot a few months ago but ran into some snags when i upgraded to Maya 2011... So this is all i have because i cant alter the file anymore, all i can do is change the texture on some things and camera angle...

Here it is:

Attached Thumbnails

# 2 28-02-2011 , 12:39 AM
Rear View, took forever to render..

Attached Thumbnails

# 3 28-02-2011 , 06:45 AM
Subscriber
Wow that is awesome work man. Would of love to see it if you were able to finish it as you want it. To me, it look pretty finish already. Again awesome work.

# 4 28-02-2011 , 08:27 AM
Lifetime Member
Looks good mate...cant you save as an .ma??

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 28-02-2011 , 03:32 PM
I've tried a few ways to save it. Even tried to copy and paste the whole thing into a new field and it wont work. Deleted history, deleted extra components and everything... No luck.

It is nearly done, the last things on my list were to model the windshield wipers, Windshield wiper fluid nozzles, Rear windshield wiper. Rims(they werent finished), Grill on the front and that was mostly it, and finish the calipers and brake disks. Mostly small things.

Texture wise i wish i could get the headlights and taillights better because i actually modeled the interior of the lights, foglights too, as well as door handles with lock area. All the windows have lining around them too. I was hoping to do the interior eventually but i will have to redo the exterior it looks like.

# 6 28-02-2011 , 09:20 PM
Lifetime Member
can you send me the model TD...just out of curiosity???

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 7 28-02-2011 , 10:22 PM
Yeah sure. when i get home later i can zip it or something. What would be a good way to send it?

# 8 28-02-2011 , 10:51 PM
Lifetime Member
You should be able to send it through this thread mate...depending on the size...otherwise PM me and I will give you my e-mail man. I just wanna have a look...see if I can find some way to help you out mate..

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 9 01-03-2011 , 03:24 AM
I think this is the most recent file. As long as you are checking it out maybe you could take a look at the mesh and see if there are any obvious problems i should avoid.

Actually cant upload it, its about 3mb. Want to PM me your e-mail?

Last edited by twisteddragon33; 01-03-2011 at 03:31 AM.