Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 28-08-2003 , 01:36 AM

Nurbs help!!!!!

I am attempting to model a car based on a tutorial. The one on the Subaru WRX. I am a newb with nurbs. In attempt to do this tutorial i can set up the image planes, and do the EP Curve's tracing the major points of the car. But in this tutorial it has you select 2 curves and "extrude" them wit the 'Tube’ , ‘At Profile’ and 'Component Pivot on’. Yet i do not get the expected results. Wow shows how much i know. So can anyone help solve my problem?

user added image

of course 3D animation and modeling equal a great hobby but when ur modeling cars!?!?!?! All bets are off.
# 2 28-08-2003 , 02:21 AM
hah you don't even want to attempt this tutorial, Trust me, unless you are an expert with nurbs you stand no chance. believe me.

# 3 28-08-2003 , 03:04 AM

Originally posted by Zyk0tiK
hah you don't even want to attempt this tutorial, Trust me, unless you are an expert with nurbs you stand no chance. believe me.

I find this attitude upsetting, frankly. The tutorials are for those who are not experts. To assume all his problems are based on the fact that he is not only incapable of following the instructions, but also that, until his abilities surpasses any need for the tutorial, he cannot learn to use it is a gross assumption on your part. If we all assumed we had to be experts before attempting any tutorials, I doubt many of us would progress from creating a poly primitive.

# 4 28-08-2003 , 09:26 AM
You can do it... now i cant remember who said that of "do a lot fail a lot learn a lot"but i like it... and its the only way to go... i think your problem has to do with the profile pivot location.
1 use the center pivot tool on the profile (or position it on a suitable place, such as start end of profile curve... experiment with it...)
2 press c (snap to curve hotkey) and position the pivot on the start of the path curve.
3 do the extrusion as noted on that wonderful tutorial,
4 continue to learnuser added image

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"bite my lips n close my eyes, takeme away to paradise"
yep, i just rediscovered "green day" again... must dig on the cd collection more often...

Last edited by dragonfx; 28-08-2003 at 09:31 AM.
# 5 28-08-2003 , 09:29 AM
zyko you sure in the hospital they failed with their PSYCHOlogic diagnostic? user added image

# 6 28-08-2003 , 04:14 PM
If you're talking about a Tutorial on SimplyMaya then i am sorry, i did not realise there was one. I was on a tutorial site a while ago with a Subaru WRX that was so unbelievably complicated it was unreal. I thought you was talking about that one. Sorry for any offense caused user added image

# 7 28-08-2003 , 05:02 PM
that one i was talking... but youre doing tutorials to learn to model, not to have that particular model, huh?

# 8 28-08-2003 , 05:04 PM
The point is, try to be a little more encouraging and less discouraging when answering a post. Makes the world that much more friendly. Now back to the original post.

Endless, can you post a small screenshot so we can see what exactly you're trying to extrude?

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."

Last edited by NitroLiq; 28-08-2003 at 05:09 PM.