Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-08-2007 , 08:29 PM
Subscriber

transformers

i know everyone is doing it at the mo, but i wouldnt mind doing a transformers type thing! but i dont know where to begin! is it as simple as having the geo hidden when its as the 'object'..?

and what do u model first?! the final outcome, or the initail object??!

any direction would be gratefull!!

thanks

"You won't get anything done by planning" - Karl Pilkington
# 2 15-08-2007 , 08:44 PM
There was an article in 3d worls about how ILM made them.

Basically they made the robot then fudged it when it transformed so that the geo went overitself in some cases to fit the robot into the car etc etc.

IF it was me I would model the thing you want it to transform into, then take the geo and pose it so it makes the robot then go form there.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 15-08-2007 , 10:15 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
There's someone making a transformer in the wip section i would take a look at his work.

I myself would model the object, but while moddeling the object i would try to consider what each component will turn into so that i can adjust the form off the object a little bit so it fits the end result better.

# 4 15-08-2007 , 11:17 PM
Subscriber
cheers. yeah i saw that w.i.p after i posted, i think it will help alot

"You won't get anything done by planning" - Karl Pilkington