Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 17-02-2011 , 07:14 PM

Wood Texture , how can I use it? Need help PLZ

I download very nice floor wood texture , but the problem is they are in very high resolution and incomplete, Now how can I use this texture on the whole floor so that the texture covers the entire floor. repeat UV's? extend the texture with photoshop? if you know something say something plz.

see the below image and screen shot for more details

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 17-02-2011 , 08:04 PM

I download very nice floor wood texture , but the problem is they are in very high resolution and incomplete, Now how can I use this texture on the whole floor so that the texture covers the entire floor. repeat UV's? extend the texture with photoshop? if you know something say something plz.

see the below image and screen shot for more details

place2dTexture1>Repeat UV / increase from 1.0 upwards

I just figured that out a minute for my project. But you do need a seamless texture to repeat.

Try here:https://www.cgtextures.com they have some tiled textures.

https://www.cgtextures.com/texview.ph...f9d5b62e4e154b

# 3 17-02-2011 , 08:21 PM
Thanks but I tried already the repeat UV's already thats how looks like,

place2dTexture1>Repeat UV / increase from 1.0 upwards

see the image

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 17-02-2011 , 08:25 PM
yes...you dont sound not non double negative
its good its a highrez texture. you should go in PS and modify it, make it seamless or randomize it a bit.

level 3 luchador!

image dump
# 5 17-02-2011 , 10:08 PM
EduSciVis-er
It doesn't seem like the ideal texture for a full floor. I'd try to find one that has a bit more width to it, so that the boards can be unique for longer than a small part of the length they should be.

# 6 17-02-2011 , 11:10 PM
Yeah that was in my mind, same the grass texture, I extend the grass with higher resolution , I am trying to reach this floor texture as below image,

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by dubai3d; 17-02-2011 at 11:14 PM.
# 7 18-02-2011 , 03:25 AM
Subscriber
I suggest you should look into texture mapping.

# 8 18-02-2011 , 06:42 AM
what i notice that I have only one small part of the texture, which its not going to be extend to entire floor, repeat uv's, it doesn't help, extending the texture with PS also it takes time, so I searched for the bigger texture with more lines of wood, same as you see in the furniture floor image, but the question is if I have this new texture below , My floor plane is 3m x 4m so I have to make the texture also 3mx4m?

moe Advice?

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 18-02-2011 , 08:16 AM
Subscriber
You don't need to extend in Photoshop "exactly" you just need to make a repeating texture, which is a relatively quick job to be honest.
Quick tutorial:
- Open in Photoshop
- preferable make it a square texture
- Filter > Other > Offset
- Bring inward on both axis 50%
- Use the clone stamp, with feathered edges to remove initial seam, then just tweak accordingly with stamps, and brushes.

Using a colour overlay is also a 2 minute job:
- open both images (original, and preferred colour)
- find the colour you want (or in your case, if I understood correctly, a snippet of the floor)
- Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur - use sliders accordingly
- Image > Adjustments > Match Colour - select new colour and use sliders accordingly.

Your latter texture is much more suited to a floor texture but it still needed a little tweaking in relation to the floor image you were going for. I altered it in photoshop (image attached) and you can repeat the UV's now with now visible seams (render attached).

If you wanted your original colour let me know and ill attach it.

Hope this helped,

Ash

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 18-02-2011 , 09:30 AM
@ Ash
thanks for the great tutorial, I tried your tutorial and it works charm, thanks alot and appreciate your suggestion, here the final that I come with. also I can change the repeat UVs as much as I will to any numbers , all looks equal without any problem, Great ....... you are one of the 3d hero...

more Advice welcome guys

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by dubai3d; 18-02-2011 at 09:46 AM.