Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 24-02-2003 , 04:38 PM

Multi uv sets?

Hi, does anybody know if it's possible to give an object more that on UV set, I would like to define my characters beard with fur, so I want to have the parts that are gonna have fur as one uv set and the rest of the head as another, is this possible?

Thanks, James.

# 2 24-02-2003 , 11:45 PM

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 25-02-2003 , 03:30 PM

Thanks!

Thanks man, thats just what I needed!

# 4 27-02-2003 , 12:44 PM

Assigning?

Now I know how to apply different uv sets is it possible to tell your materials or fur which uv set to use?

I tried applying fur to a plane which had two uv sets and that worked well, but where the fur was placed it was showing the texture I had applied to the other uv set ( just a wood texture ),
ideally I want the fur to grow over the uv's i've assingned it to but without having any texture showing through from the other uv set! is this possible?

Thanks, James

# 5 27-02-2003 , 02:18 PM
I am unable to help you on fur. Hopefully someone else can...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!