Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 16-08-2003 , 10:48 PM
Subscriber

Paint effect on trimmed NURB

Hello,

I am doing this month's Mad Scientist's Lab's challange, and I ran into paint effects problem.

The surface that I would like to have paint effects on is a trimmed NURB. It would only let me paint on parts of the surface that seemed delimited by the intersected surfaces. For example, before trimming, I was able to paint on the inside of a revolved surface, but after intersecting and trimming it with a plane, it would only let me paint on the outside.

I attached a picture to show what I mean. Please Help!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-08-2003 , 02:57 AM
Maybe you want your normals facing inward... not sure if that effects paintFX

# 3 19-08-2003 , 03:19 AM
The Maya Mountain
'fraid I'm not sure about this one. I tend to avoid Trimmed surfaces as much as I can for a variety of reasons. This might be one that's added to the list.

# 4 19-08-2003 , 03:27 AM
Subscriber
Well, I can't even see the normals and I have tried every way possible to make them show, and I have tried to paint on untrimmed normal and there was no problem with it, meaning that it's not a question of normal. I am quite at the end of my wit here. :-( Ah well, I am sure there is a way to work around it....

Thanks for you guys' support!