Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 13-01-2004 , 03:40 AM

Wire frame rendering in vector

Hey guys whats the best way to render wire frames on top of the grey model? I can get something like what i want on vector but it shows the tris not in the wire frame. Is there a setting to get ride of the tris and just have the quads?

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 2 13-01-2004 , 04:08 AM
Subscriber
you have your models perminatly in tris now ? If so you might have to go through and delite the tris edges to get back to quad.

how are you doing the vector render to get the wire.. I'll have a look.

if you tryed to convert to quads using the poly menu it might work but they might not be layed out right still.

You could use the UV snapshot as a texture.. and just erase the edges to get it back to quads... that would be a fast way with out messing up your geo..

# 3 13-01-2004 , 04:10 AM
All models are in quads mate. just shows up as tri in vector... I'll keep playing

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 4 13-01-2004 , 05:35 AM
Subscriber
Let me know if the vector keeps giving you problems.. I'll try it my self.

If the vector way becomes a problem there are more than one way to skin this cat.. I know 4 off the top of my head. 1's real slow though..

# 5 13-01-2004 , 06:09 AM
Post up the 4 mate...

# 6 13-01-2004 , 08:35 AM
Subscriber
ok 1.. do a UV snap shot as usual. at high ress. with alaising ticked. 2048x2048. Color UV and background to taste in photoshop and use it as the texture. works in render.

2. use wire data I think is the mel from highend. it creats nurbs cylinders in place of the wires.. it dosn't look as good and slows things down.. especaly for a terntable. works in render.

3. use hardware rendering buffer with wireframe on in your persp view. You can have it do more than one iritation for each frame and get it aniti alaised.. looking for some settings now..

to do..

duplicat the model, rename new object to wireWhatEverName.

on its first tab in attribute editer, open the display section,
drawing overrides sub-section. tick the Enable overrides
check box. tern off shading. pick your color for the wire
hear also.

with the wireWhatEverName still selected start up the sculpt
polygon tool. Have it set to pull.
Set strength to 1. Opacity 1. Max Displacement to .02
(might need ajusting if wires don't show good.. and I
remmeber you model biger in the sean than I do.) and
press flood. this makes the wire object just a little bigger
so it dosn't fight in the sorting buffer with under object.

Open your hardware render buffer. In the attributes of it you
will want multi pass rendering on. something like 9
passes, anti alias polygons on also..
render in that.

This should make a nice smooth wire for you. you will want it to hardware render the original object though so it can block the back faces..

you can use this to render out the wire with the back ground and blocker both black so you can composit on to a render also.

# 7 13-01-2004 , 11:00 PM
Subscriber
gess thease didn't help ?

# 8 13-01-2004 , 11:26 PM
I found a good one mate thanks for the help=)

# 9 21-01-2004 , 11:08 AM
Subscriber

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...