Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 16-03-2005 , 06:44 PM

Fluid Images

Hi everyone..

I just wondered if anyone might be able to help me with a problem of a purely craetive nature.

I want to morph one image to another in Maya using fluids. I know its possible to create a 2d container and using the paint fluids tool you can load an image file. This is really cool as it lets your image melt or dissipate etc, but what I really need to do is to have one image melt into another image. Is this possible?
i've read most of the online documentation but I can't find anything that allows you to set an initial state and then load another image as a fluid state later in the animation. I'm sure there must be a way because I've seen similar transformations before. Perhaps these were done using post production software such as flame or inferno. If you know anything about either a Maya solution or if you know some form of decent morphing software that may do the same kind of thing then please let me know.

hope somepone has some creative input!! thanks very much for your time..