Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 09-06-2007 , 03:16 AM
Subscriber
After doing some...study :bandit: on anatomy and whipping out the anatomy books , i have tried to make the back a bit better. I'm just going around to all the parts that bug me and am tidying them up.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 17 09-06-2007 , 03:17 AM
Subscriber
And the picture...

Attached Thumbnails

# 18 09-06-2007 , 06:17 AM
Subscriber
I redid the skin texture. This one is a bit better in my opinion.

Attached Thumbnails

# 19 09-06-2007 , 08:07 AM
Hey someguy I thiunk that the tool that you mean is the Z project tool, its a bit of a pain to get going properly as it can cause some horrid stretching in some areas but if your careful with the positioning and scaleing of the model (you'll know what I mean when you do it) its great.

Did you use the Z project to texture of use the 3d tile in the projection master? ior Even paint them yourself?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 20 09-06-2007 , 08:20 AM
Subscriber
That could be it. i remember seeing it in a feature list or something and it allows all the data of one model o be transferred to a completely different (Topology) model.

At this stage all the texturing has been done with the 3d painting mode. I'm gonna convert them to a texture and photoshop them later.

# 21 09-06-2007 , 08:59 AM
Yeah thats the one, it also allows you to texrture using photo ref, similar to the clone tool in photoshop but from a 2d pic to a 3d mesh, as well as modeling from one model to another, I think that it also allows you to use a 2d grayscale pic and then "paint it" as a 3d mesh, if its not that tool then ithere another one that does that though!

# 22 09-06-2007 , 09:30 AM
Subscriber
Cool, i'll look into it.

# 23 09-06-2007 , 12:49 PM
Subscriber
Update,
after bringing the mesh into maya i reshaped the head to better fit the references. I think it is in alot better proportions now. Theres a funny thing around the eyebrow area but it will be covered or fixed up later.

Attached Thumbnails

# 24 09-06-2007 , 01:27 PM
Acid44
ya its from dogma you should see it sometime

right now she looks way too butch for my personal liking but with personal preference aside its great so faruser added image

# 25 09-06-2007 , 07:26 PM
Subscriber
Thanks, Today i'm gonna work on making her a bit more feminine if i can. I may also re-do the clothing with better references because i am changing the body so much it is hard for them to stay a similar shape to it.

# 26 09-06-2007 , 08:49 PM
Subscriber
Iv'e tried to make her face less 'butchier'

Attached Thumbnails

# 27 09-06-2007 , 10:28 PM
First, not at all sexy. Seconed I love it. The way its so not average just takes it to a whole differnt level of realism. Its crazy the differnce it makes to have her so ... unique. Anyway I like how you fixed the face she looked really pissed off or something. I think her ass sags too much for her build though. Either that or the legs are clenched. Also is there a good beginers guide to z brush you know of, I've tried a few and I've exeprimented but I cant seem to get past the novlty of it and find its usefullnes; the kind of usefullness you illistrate with this piece. Thanks for sharing your modle too. Bye.

# 28 09-06-2007 , 11:51 PM
Subscriber
Thanks user added image
I wanted to make just a normal person for this so I'm glad it worked. In a way its more challenging because of all the imperfections you have to make. I'll try to fix up some more parts of it today.
As for a beginners guide to Zbrush the most i can recommend is the help menu. There are a few tutorials to get you started. Most of this was just me experimenting with he different tools until i found some i liked.

# 29 10-06-2007 , 08:45 AM
Subscriber
Ok...
After a hard hour or so session this is where i am at.
I have basically finished sculpting and unless anyone can see something that needs to be fixed i am ready to go to the next step, which is...
-Creating realistic looking clothing
-Creating hair, eyes, textures
-Rigging
-rendering out a few images

Heres a render with the default material and no textures to show some details. I'll render out a turnaround tomorrow.

Crits and comments are appreciated user added image

Attached Thumbnails

# 30 10-06-2007 , 11:05 AM
Hi Someguy

Looking pretty good, the only crits that jump put at me are that the shoulders seem high, almose like she's lifting them up a bit, kind of like if she's semi shrugging her shoulders (thats the best way I can describe it) also she seems a bit tense, line shes tensing her muscles, maybe a bit of smooth between the muscles to less define them would do the job.