Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 11-04-2009 , 01:57 PM

Su-30MK Jet

Model :- Su-30MK

Building Su-30 MK here are the links that how it looks like in real..
Su-30MK Image 1
Su-30MK Image 2

im going to create front with revolve and body by loft...
if you see problem let me know

Last edited by jaymin1992; 11-04-2009 at 11:36 PM.
# 2 11-04-2009 , 11:37 PM
Step 1 Done

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 12-04-2009 , 04:46 AM
Subscriber
less polygons = less processing power required to deal with them

smooth tool quadratically interpolates between points, ie it makes it look round between verticies
so to make a hard edge stay hard but not so hard that the model looks sharp just add more edge loops. it increases your poly count but maya can handle it.

lofting creates NURBS by default i think. NURBS are infinately curved (no matter how much you zoom in it's always round)
when you convert it to polygons make sure your construction history is on and then you can change how the conversion was done after it was converted. you can change the spans, the span type, and all sorts of other things

you can fake the roundness of a polygon model by softening the edges (or soften normals, same thing), i'm not going to explain how that works because i've done it enough times on the forums already :p
if you need to know google it or search the forums

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 12-04-2009 , 05:22 PM
I think its better now because if you see now i can have round from front and then have top part ...

if you look at my first model then i wouldn't be able to because it had hard edge. now its better.

for my old model https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=32211

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 13-04-2009 , 02:00 AM
Little More..just a question how do i get rid of those holes in between lofts..tx
anything i need to fix?

Edited:-

im going to make side like rounded not so much but just about i need.... im going to use special duplicate and duplicate instant of other side of body so it will make it easier...

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by jaymin1992; 13-04-2009 at 03:57 AM.