Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 256 09-01-2014 , 12:52 AM
Lifetime Member
Nice, I think LOL. You are going to punish me with this arent you user added image

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 257 09-01-2014 , 09:47 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
you wont receive the landing gear mate...Im not that harsh LOL

Jay

# 258 10-01-2014 , 04:56 PM
Technical Director
The rivets however are fine user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 259 10-01-2014 , 11:23 PM
There are no rivets....YET!!

mwhahahahaha mwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah hahahahahahahahah

frickin evil!!!

Jay

# 260 10-01-2014 , 11:38 PM
Lifetime Member
I will pop a couple of rivets in your butt crack you keep that Dr Evil laugh happening me old China plate user added image

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 261 11-01-2014 , 12:10 AM
dirty man!! LOL

Jay

# 262 12-01-2014 , 11:49 PM
small Update

J

Attached Thumbnails
# 263 23-02-2014 , 10:54 PM
time permitted me some 3d modelling space today!!! Yaaaay

Been sooo busy at home on a full sized Stormtrooper Blaster and Helmet plus busy at work, am now a Creature FX td in training!! Learning muscle sims, flesh sims and loads of other cool stuff, miss the modelling though!!!

anyway a small bit of tinkering!!, ready to finish the back end, add two escape pods then its off to uv land!!

Jay

Attached Thumbnails
# 264 23-02-2014 , 10:56 PM
EduSciVis-er
Creature FX, that sounds pretty cool. Does Maya Muscle get used much or is it all in-house tools?

# 265 23-02-2014 , 11:35 PM
as good as Mayas muscle is, for what Im doing it has to work properly so its all in house user added image

Jay

# 266 24-02-2014 , 04:33 PM
Technical Director
Framestore has a sizable R&D team, so it's best they're used user added image

Why the jump Jay?

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 267 24-02-2014 , 10:18 PM
hey John

Modelling has run out on the show, so instead of being out of a contract I moved departments instead.

Well they do have a sizeable R&D bunch but the stuff Im using is written by one guy for the specific task Im doing with him, its pretty damn cool and just goes beyond anything Ive seen over the years...

Jay

# 268 24-05-2014 , 07:42 PM
hoooolyyyyy molyyyy Jay!! this ship is awesome! and the characters!!! this is so much inspiration for me :o

do you mind sharing wireframe of that ship?? user added image

KEEP IT UP MAN!!

laughed alot when i saw the first page, the chin! i did not expect that user added image , and OMG this guy is amaaaaaazing https://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2927/bf06.jpg

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^
# 269 17-06-2015 , 03:58 PM
soooooooooooooooooooo...an update

Although Ive not posted in bloody ages, due to work. I actually shelved this project for a while until last september/october time due to time wasters saying they could do this and that with this as a tv show, movie blah blah blah...and then nothing. So being fed up I shelved it for a bit.

anyway things have kind of ramped up a little since my last post and this entire project has taken a turn toward realtime rendering. A friend and colleague returned from Weta Digital and kind of coaxed me back into life on the project and persuaded me to go down the route of using Unreal to do the rendering. We have now partnered up to create a teaser of the project which has in turn gotten noticed by Unreal themselves which has led to us being sponsored by them.

We have been hard at work writing and testing some VFX lighting GUIs inside of Unreal. Enhancing the HDRI usage and also the shader setup to match that of say Arnold and Renderman and not just out of the box Unreal. This has enabled us to achieve a more photoreal look on the materials lending itself now to VFX and not just games nor game cinematics, which do look stunning as Im sure most people here would agree. I know there are a couple of members using games engines here to do their own stuff, and it does look reallly cool.

What we are looking at is trying to move ahead and create the best possible content inside the Unreal Engine but using VFX techniques in realtime which in turn will enable us to cut out things like actual render time overheads. And also use minimal comping as well. Meetings have also been had with various VFX houses here in London who have in turn been stunned by the output using a VFX model and textures in realtime. We have kind of woken people up in a certain way....people are asking to join the project...!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nlKfTXyMQI

Anyways I want to share this with you as some of you have been on this ride with me for a long time...

enjoy

Jay

# 270 17-06-2015 , 04:17 PM
Some 'in progress' and test production pics....

Attached Thumbnails