Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 01-02-2003 , 12:14 PM
Subscriber

3 ideas

1. how about the ability to send PMs and emails from the board with attachments? most boards you cant do this and i find it rather annoying cos you cant know what the users email address is, which means you have to email them first, wait for a reply, ask if its ok to send a file, wait for another reply, send the file, and all this could take daaaays and its annoying user added image

2. how about a photoshop forum? i know this is a maya board, but a lot of people use photoshop to touch up maya made images, or even create textures for use in maya. itd be nice to have sections for all the big programs used to maya a maya animation/image, and all in one community board, i like it user added image

3. we have a member of the month chosen by the mods and admins, what about a members member of the month? chosen by the members? just an idea

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com

Last edited by Nem; 01-02-2003 at 12:49 PM.
# 2 01-02-2003 , 01:02 PM
Kevin
1. cheers nem... I will consider the attachments.

2. No to the photoshop forum - wait for simplyphotoshop.com user added image

might sometime have a deep paint forum ...but really want to keep this a mya only site

3. so tell me more about this, how will this work?

# 3 01-02-2003 , 01:23 PM
Subscriber
simplyphotoshop?? geez, spending quite a bit of money on domains arent ya kev?

well, basically, the members member of the month, well, um, i have no idea how it will work user added image just thought this would be fair cos the MOTM is currently chosen by mods, but the MMOTM will allow all members of the board to have a say
it could be a poll in a thread or sumthing, the mods list the members who have given something to the board, the public vote user added image

- Simon

# 4 01-02-2003 , 01:39 PM
Subscriber
i like it nem i mean it is the members who these people help so maybe they should get a vote but the mods can vote aswell user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 5 01-02-2003 , 01:56 PM
Kevin
yes we have thought about this before but here are the problems:

We cannot have a poll opened for all the members (over 5000)

what about the poor sod who gets none?? he will feel awful!

Whats to stop someone opening 50 hotmail accounts and voting 50 times?

----------------------------------

we could have a thread that people can add anems of people they would like to see win... then the top 5 go through for a poll?

but saying that: I dont think we have made a poor choice yet. All MOTM winners posts are read through for that month and are up against others.

If we did this then one would have to go, we couldnt have a members member of the month as well as a MOTM done by us.

I will open a poll up asking what people want if we have many replies to this,

Cheers Nem

# 6 01-02-2003 , 02:00 PM
Subscriber
i was just presenting an idea user added image

- Simon

# 7 01-02-2003 , 02:36 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by Nem
i was just presenting an idea user added image

yep .. its cool presenting an idea ... just with the idea give a logical way in which it can work, and give all the different arguments that may arise..

Before we make a jump like this we have to explore all the avenues mate

# 8 01-02-2003 , 03:09 PM
Subscriber
i always thought the clever people come up with all that stuff on the board :p
thanks for listening anyway user added image

- Simon