Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 19-03-2003 , 01:52 PM
SM Tea Boy

Advertising on the Internet.

What is it with sites now a days? I cant go anywhere now especially on a site that generates more than five visitors a day without seeing big annoying flashing advertisements and I'm sick of it, I can no longer even be bothered to watch TV, every 10 minutes someone pops up trying to sell me something, I hate advertising It leads to a myth that things on the internet should be free because you can just slap adds all over them ID RATHER BLOODY PAY than put up with it.

Pop ups, now we got pop unders, DHTML banners flying past all over the dam place how long do you think before we manage to completely turn the internet into one giant FKN useless TV advertisement, I could get a pop up killer but we all do that now so they just make the dam things 2x as big and embed them in the page your viewing, it seems the only reason to create a user community on-line now is to build it up to the point where you can slap flash banners all over the dam place

In the UK we now allow corporate companies to sponsor schools how long before your kids start coming home with enjoy coke a cola stamped on the back of there text books.

I HATE ADDVERTISING ON WEB SITES

This rant brought to you by David.

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 19-03-2003 , 01:58 PM
Kevin
I totally agree 100%

Take that site that we was just looking at Dave! That big ugly "your PC is under attack" image that flew onto the screen and just sat there!!

Its so annoying! But the worst thing is today I visited one of my fav web sites to be attacked by a 160 x 600 Z-brush advertisement, I couldn't even concentrate on the page with that nasty flash animated nastiness glowing away to my right!

There's another web favourite in the bin

But yep I couldn't agree more.

# 3 19-03-2003 , 02:01 PM
Subscriber
I HATE THEM, TOO
You are perfectly right, David; a now got me one of these VCR's which automaticly pauses on commercial brakes; I heared that unfortunately they don't work in the US; should have something to blockl them on the sites, too.

....rant, rant....

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.
# 4 19-03-2003 , 02:04 PM
Kevin
And the worst criminal of all goes to "Sky TV"

Now we pay an "extra" £40 a month to have this service... and they STILL ram it full of advertisement!! Probably more then the normal ITV channels.

Surly if it has ads on every 12.5 minutes that last for 5 minutes the service should be free? But I guess they trick people into saying "our film channels ate uninterrupted"

But let's not let them forget about the 45 mins of PURE ads they have in between films!

I just cant watch TV no more either mate..

# 5 19-03-2003 , 02:06 PM
Kevin
oh plus the films are 5 years old....

RANT RANT - now you have got me started!

# 6 19-03-2003 , 02:07 PM
SM Tea Boy
ya you 2 can pay only £3.99 to see a 3 year old film "off bugger" is what i say.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 7 19-03-2003 , 02:08 PM
Kevin
oh yes, I forgot about that Pay per view service!!

Well ... where do I even start?

RANT RANT

# 8 19-03-2003 , 02:10 PM
Kevin
like the football!!

before you paid the £40 for all the channels right?

Well now you can buy a "football season ticket" for £50 a season!!!!

WTF is that all about? didnt we get then for the £40 before??

"No" they say "Now we show even more footy matches".... Bollocks!

# 9 19-03-2003 , 02:10 PM
Subscriber
yeah, gotta get rid of another HARUMPFF:
They just put up the prices for paytv here too and silly enough interrupt their movies with their own old stuff!
It's time to spend more time with maya, anyway...

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.
# 10 19-03-2003 , 02:11 PM
Kevin
common Axel - let it all out man!! nows the time to do it!! We are listening man user added image

# 11 19-03-2003 , 02:14 PM
Subscriber
yeah....<doing it and shouting it out to the neighbourhood>: UBC NO GOOD, NO PAY!!!!

# 12 19-03-2003 , 02:15 PM
SM Tea Boy
I sit there watching one of the chepo cable channels the other day and this big nasty really really cheap looking flashing pulsing add popped on the screen and I thought holly shit Z-Brush have taken to advertising on the TV, you to can totally alienate your customer base with big ass flashing adds.

# 13 19-03-2003 , 02:18 PM
Kevin
z-brush: If only they spent half as much money on there own site as they do their banner ads!

# 14 19-03-2003 , 02:28 PM
SM Tea Boy
Still not all bad

user added image

The US can use some nice flashy adds to offset the cost of the war and SKY TV can stick it on pay per view its a ****ed up world we live in really, and I still hate adds.

David user added image

# 15 19-03-2003 , 02:35 PM
Kevin
LOL surly thats a photoshop edit ?? LOL