Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 14-05-2011 , 09:30 PM

Model becomes distorted and glitchy

Recently I must have pressed some button that enabled my model in Maya 2012 to become distorted perspectively, but reversed (the object gets larger when it is farther away from the camera, vice versa).

Also the model has become glitchy around the edges and polygons that are behind appear coming out of the polygon that is in front of it.

I have added two images to help explain myself.

Answer respectfully or not at all, thank you.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 14-05-2011 , 10:10 PM
The thin red line
Its possible you have done a extrude or duplicate, if you click on the mesh and move it is it attacted to the bad mesh?........dave

# 3 09-07-2011 , 07:25 PM
In your view, under render, is Default Quality rendering selected? or High quality. There have been times where I select HQ and the model weirds out on me, but still renders ok.
Otherwise I would look into seeing if faces were duplucated like daverave said.

# 4 10-07-2011 , 09:25 AM
Super Moderator
It could be as Dave said, you could have duplicates sitting in the same space.

Or it could be that your camera's near clip plane is too low in relation to the far clip.

- Genny