Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 22-05-2013 , 03:31 PM
Looks like I've fixed the Problem.
I've exported the scene as .fbx, imported it into a new scene.
Now I've done some test (combined and seperated the objects a few times, closed and opened the project) and the soft edges remain.

# 17 22-05-2013 , 04:42 PM
There have been a couple requests to see the file so that we can look at it. When we cannot give a solution it usually means this is not a common problem.

Unless it can be duplicated and repeated then it is usually a physical or software problem at your end.

Without seeing the file people can only make educated guesses. If you don't want to let the people that offered to diagnose the problem help then you might want to try and isolate it at your end.

I'd start by creating a NEW file and just create a much smaller and simpler set of objects, group them in the same kind of way, soften and harden edges, save the file exit and reopen and see if the problem can be duplicated.

This will at least let you know if it's something specific to that file or all files.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 18 22-05-2013 , 11:58 PM
As I said in the post before, the problem is fixed now.
I've ungrouped all objects, exported it as .fbx, imported it in a new scene, went through hard and soft edge, and now the edge stay, like i set them up.
Thanks for your help guys.

# 19 23-05-2013 , 09:24 AM
You said earlier that you wanted to find the source of the problem, not only the solution. Did you find it?

# 20 26-05-2013 , 04:56 PM
I'm not sure, but I think it was a problem / bug with the History.