Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-04-2015 , 11:26 AM

Glitched Materials in Viewport

Hi everyone,

The materials on this one certain object seem so be glitching out. I have no idea whats going on! When I render the scene it renders fine. Could it be that I have 2 materials on the object? (A Lambert and a car paint material). If so how can I delete the Lambert? It is the default Lambert... Have a look at the attachment.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 01-04-2015 , 05:00 PM
SM Tea Boy
If you want to see what's connected to your geo open the hypershade select the offending geo then hit the Graph menu then Input and output connections this will show you what's assigned to that object.

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 01-04-2015 , 07:48 PM
Thanks for the reply but how would I remove the Lambert form the object? It shows the Lambert in the attribute editor but not in the graph thing. How do I get rid of that weird glitch on the planes fuselage and make it more like the material on the engine? (They are using the same material BTW)

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 01-04-2015 , 09:41 PM
Super Moderator
Could it be that you have a duplicate of the object sitting at the exact same coordinates?

- Genny
# 5 02-04-2015 , 08:57 AM

Could it be that you have a duplicate of the object sitting at the exact same coordinates?

I just double checked that and no, no duplicates...

# 6 05-04-2015 , 09:55 PM
Subscriber
Do you have a texture applied to it?

# 7 06-04-2015 , 08:16 AM

Do you have a texture applied to it?

No I don't!

# 8 07-04-2015 , 12:14 PM

FIXED

AY!

I figured it out. Had some plugins that were disabled. Enabled them and BOOM it worked.

Thanks for your suggestions.