Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 03-01-2014 , 08:50 AM

curved Stairs - Problem with planar surface creation

Hi all,

I have modeled this stairs for a house patio.. but I don't know how to create a clean topology for the top of the stairs.. all I need is a plane area, with quads, and I don't know how to create this area..

user added image

The area i'm talking about is the curved shape on top of the stairs..

This is the zip that contains the scene file: patio.zip.

Also, I need an help to the UV unwrapping of all the stairs..
As you can see, the UV are pretty messed up..

# 2 03-01-2014 , 01:29 PM
Lifetime Member
Ok I have looked at your model. The edges need beveling as you have some very sharp edges that will not look good in a render. You seem to have added edge loops to smooth it? They wont work as it is, I would also just grab the top edge and do an extrude then play with the vertex positions to equalise the plane that you want..

If I get time I will have a look at it over the weekend.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 03-01-2014 , 10:22 PM

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 4 19-02-2014 , 07:28 AM
Banned

Curved Staircase

Hello everyone..
We offer custom-made staircase design reflecting your personal style and taste. Curved staircase combines structural integrity with luxury that will transform the focal point of your home.

# 5 19-02-2014 , 06:53 PM
epic end X)