Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 24-01-2004 , 07:31 PM

ASUS FX5200 display/refresh issues

I'm using maya 5.0 & i have the next spec.:
P4 1.7GHz
512M RAM
ASUS FX 5200 128M (v9520)
Windows XP SP1

And I'm having trouble when I'm switching between "persp view" to other views (side, front, top) I get BLANK screen (inisde), unless I add some object, or already have an object there & try to do operation on it, such as "select vetex" etc, and then i get the grid + objects. user added image

I wanted to know if anyone has encountered that problem & is there any patch or a solution to fix this issue. user added image

Would appreciate any help on issue.user added image

# 2 24-01-2004 , 08:09 PM
Kevin
I have this card in one of my machines and also find a few probs with it, all I can say is wait for a driver update that may sort these things out user added image

# 3 24-01-2004 , 09:10 PM

"On the other hand... the early worm gets eaten."
# 4 24-01-2004 , 09:34 PM
Thanks for the fast reply.

@scopa, i've tried to download that "hack for nvidia drivers" from the above site, but i've found it to be a .MEL file.

I'm kinda newbie, so if you could guide me on how to use that - cause if i just open that (using file->open) but the bug still exsits, though not sure I'm doing with it what i'm supposed to...

# 5 24-01-2004 , 10:31 PM
I've checked the file itslef & copied that to the directory mentioned in it, but it didn't work... user added image
It is as the "persp", "Side" & "front" views have no refresh, where as teh "top" is ok..

Don't understand, cause in other windows / games i have NO trouble with the current driver.
I've laos updated teh maya to 5.0.1 thinking there might be a fix there, but that didn't work either...

# 6 25-01-2004 , 10:03 PM
the way that the script works, is you need to have an object selected, and then after you popup a new viewpanel, all you should have to do is rotate the camera and the window should fix itself.

just remember to have something selected before you pop open a new view because the script deselects and reselects whatever you had selected.

"On the other hand... the early worm gets eaten."
# 7 26-01-2004 , 02:36 AM

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com