Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 16-06-2007 , 02:57 AM
Subscriber

Need help wid sand shader and dynamics

hey could somebody help me building a sand shader. looking like sand at the beach.. user added image

and i need to fill the treasure chest wid them gold nuckels.. how can i make it not looking sorted..

here the picture iam working on...

user added image

i tried it wid dynamics to have em fall inside the box but somehow the gold nuckel kept falling throu the geometrie. i had the gold nuckel on "activ rigid body" and the box inlay as an "passive riged body"
and when i tried to have more then one nuckel maya stopt and gave me an error message about two things collided ...

please help and sry for my confused way of wrinting..

the sand should look like this shader iam not able to rebuild it in maya ...
hope its okay for me to post this link :
https://www.studioharmony.sk/sand/sand.html

Last edited by Fabster; 16-06-2007 at 03:03 AM.
# 2 17-06-2007 , 02:40 PM
Well regarding the shader you could paint it in photoshop(or just find a photo of sand), or try to follow that tutorial more carefully.

Have in mind that you should model the sand at least some, a plain shader on that wouldnt look that realistic really(Look on the tutorial page and you see that the sand is not completely flat.

And regarding the coins, at least I havent heard of a easy way to make such an animation, I would recomend that you just make the top layer of coins and have a handfull of coins bounce down in the chest by using keyframes.

Best of luck. user added image